- Get what you've got: Respond to the opportunities that sit in front of you.
- Get known: Obsess about your positioning in the market and get known for knowing something.
- Get to work: Get active and leverage your and others' time and energy.
- Get going: Stay active and build a sense of movement and momentum around your business.
Here is a set of initial questions to help you do just that.
1. What are the obvious things sitting right in front of your face that you could action right now to make a difference in your practice?
So, prioritise to do these things now!
We don’t because they bore us a little and lack the exciting energy of the new, they are often boring, familiar, and a little stale.
Start getting some more money going from this established positioning immediately!
We don’t because familiarity breeds contempt and in a way, we are often hoping that our business will take us away from this work eventually.
The truth is, the way out is through. Don’t throw out years of great positioning and reputation because you are a little bored. Look for what is true, not just what is new.
We tend to have a magical thinking mind when it comes to growth and often believe it’s because we lack some external something. The reality is you are 5 degrees and 5 steps off everything you want or need. Work with what you have, rather than wishing you had something else!
It's clear that three things always stop us from getting what we want in life and these apply directly to growing your commercially successful thought leaders practice:
2. You know what to do but don’t know how to do it.
3. Someone or something is standing in the way.