It’s that time of year when the not slim man tries to get down our chimneys, but we can’t say that anymore, so this is a non-religious look at surviving the holidays rather than Christmas!!
As we pull up to the end of the calendar year it’s a time to take a break and spend much earnt time with loved ones. The beach is calling, the warm water is beckoning. The mince pies and the turkey are both doing the same thing and so this can be a testing time for some of our clients. I often say to clients:
“It’s not what happens between Christmas and New year that matters it’s what happens between New year and Christmas that counts”
The Holiday Survival Guide:
This can contain whatever you like but I like to have the following content in mine. This is a give away and can be a useful lead magnet or a free gift to your community as well as clients:
- Personal Intro, who you are, in case it has been shared (logo + contact details in header/footer)
- Some healthy recipes including food swaps for those challenging parties & get togethers
- Several exercise sessions (varying in duration)– use this to show off your talents, mix them up and offer some range and make sure it’s simple to follow but can be PROgressed (as my friend Ginera would say) in some way
- Simple tips on not putting one loads of weight over the silly season
- Eating smart when out and about
- Healthy snacks that work for your goals
- Keep going as much or a little as you want……
Balance is important so not being a food nazi is helps here but offering tips and tricks will go a long way to embedding the advice you have been giving over the year so that the progress made so far is not all going to go backwards.
Thanks for reading over the last few months – have a great Christmas and New Year.