When it comes to new clients there should be some systems and processes in your business that just happen.
A new client can be a potential gold mine to your business and you need to treat them like royalty so that they feel:
This can cover all sorts of things but don’t make it too wordy and not too "rulesey." You do, however want to cover a few ground rules in this letter so that your life will be soooo much easier if you have covered certain items up front.
Those may include:
- Welcome to [insert business name], great to meet you the other day
- How things work around here – booking in, punctuality on both sides etc.
- Cancellation policy/alternative action in case session can’t be attended
- Financials – payment process if this hasn’t been covered
- Any other business e.g. I love to share things with my clients when they relate to their goals I hope that’s ok if I text/email interesting info to you now and again – you get the idea
Keep the letter on their file electronically or hard copy, whatever your system is. Make sure it is dated and if you need to refer back to it at any stage you can – easily.
Create a file with all your templates in and when you need them all you have to do is change the date, name and perhaps make sure content is up to date every so often and boom, great customer service tool right there. Everyone is on the same page from the get go.
If you aren’t already doing this I highly recommend you get into the habit when you set up each new client file as part of the systems and processes in your business. Have fun with it and add your own flavour.
If you're looking for some help with systems in your business reach out for a FREE catch up here - I'm happy to help.