Following last week's blog we delve a little deeper into coaching and look specifically at some of the questions you might ask a client as you build report and look to support them on their health journey.
Relating to the past
- If you're going to attempt to (insert goal ) for the next month, how would you go about doing it?
- What do you think your next step should be?
- What is one small step you could take this week that you know you could do successfully?
- How does this fit with your goal?
- What do you value in your life?
- How does this fit in with your personal values?
- If I were the client and you were the coach what would you suggest? If you did not answer what would it be?
- What do YOU think you should do?
- what would you tell a friend in the same situation?
- Tell me more about that
- how does that make you feel?
- What led you to that conclusion? Which option do you prefer?
- What helps you so far in managing your health?
- what are you currently doing to manage stress in your life?
- How will life be different once you accomplish your goals? What would it feel like?
- What would success look like?
- Suppose you did not make this change - what might your life look like in five years from now?
- What's the best thing that could happen if you made this change?